05 Dec. 2018
The Keewatin-Patricia District School Board has in place several bullying prevention strategies that are meant to reduce bullying activities in schools, and raise awareness of the issue of bullying in students. Such strategies include, but are not limited to:
- The development and implementation of a Character Development policy and program;
- Placing an emphasis on developing healthy relationships, utilizing Restorative Practices;
- The inclusion of bullying prevention in daily classroom teachings (e.g., by including books that deal with bullying on reading lists and in school/classroom libraries);
- Providing opportunities for students to participate in leadership training activities;
- Providing opportunities for training on cultural sensitivity and on respect for diversity and special education needs.