16 Jan. 2017
REgister now for summer 2016!
The Keewatin-Patricia District School Board is once again offering Summer Learning Camps for students currently in SK or Grades 1, 2 or 3 during the summer of 2016. The camps support primary level students in maintaining their literacy or numeracy achievement levels and social skills during the summer months.
The programs will run from July 11 to July 29, from 8:30AM TO1:30PM DAILY (MONDAY TO FRIDAY).
Key for Student Success:
- Attendance daily is crucial to program and student success
- Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged
- Active participation in all parts of the program (the recreation part is often physically active)
- Knowing how your student is doing...report card at the end of the program and check-ins along the way
- Eating well...healthy lunch and snacks are provided daily
- Enjoyment...Fun is built into every day!
Applying for the Program
Children in SK (Year 2) or Grades 1, 2 and 3 during the 2015-16 school year are eligible to register for the program. Children currently registered at any KPDSB school in the Dryden, Kenora, Ear Falls or Red Lake areas will be considered for their respective programs.
Parents/guardians are asked to apply to the program for their child(ren) no later than May 27, 2016 by filling out the application form on the back of this brochure or electronically. Acceptance into the program is based on a set criteria for those students who would benefit the most; it is not a first come-first served acceptance.
Parents/Guardians will be required to commit to the regular daily attendance of their child(ren), sign a permission form for their child to participate in the program, and provide transportation for their child daily*. There is no fee for students to participate in the summer learning camps and free snacks and lunches will be provided.
For more information about our Summer Learning Camps, please click here or on the image above for our Summer 2015 Summer Learning Camps brochure and registration form.