09 Apr. 2018
REGISTER NOW FOR SUMMER 2018!
The Keewatin-Patricia District School Board is once again offering Summer Learning Programs for students currently in SK or Grades 1, 2 or 3 during the summer of 2018. The programs support primary level students in maintaining their literacy or numeracy achievement levels and social skills during the summer months.
THE PROGRAMS WILL RUN FROM JULY 2 TO JULY 20, 2018, FROM 8:30 AM TO 1:30 PM (MONDAY TO FRIDAY).
KEYS FOR STUDENT SUCCESS:
- Attendance daily is crucial to program and student success
- Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged
- Active participation in all parts of the program (the recreation part is often physically active)
- Knowing how your student is doing...report card at the end of the program and check-ins along the way
- Eating well...healthy lunch and snacks are provided daily
- Enjoyment...Fun is built into every day!
APPLYING FOR THE PROGRAM
Children in SK (Year 2) or Grades 1, 2 and 3 during the 2017-18 school year are eligible to register for the program. Children currently registered at any KPDSB school in the Dryden, Kenora, Ear Falls or Red Lake areas will be considered for their respective programs.
Parents/guardians are asked to apply to the program for their child(ren) no later than April 30, 2018.
There are two ways to register:
- Click here to download the Summer Learning Programs Brochure and Registration Form (simply fill out the form and return it to your child's school)
- Click here to register online
Acceptance into the program is based on set criteria for those students who would benefit the most; it is not a first come-first served acceptance.
Parents/Guardians will be required to commit to the regular daily attendance of their child(ren), sign a permission form for their child to participate in the program, and provide transportation for their child daily*. There is no fee for students to participate in the summer learning camps and free snacks and lunches will be provided.
For more information about our Summer Learning Programs, please click here for our Summer Learning Programs brochure.