06 Mar. 2019
What can schools do?
- Schools can identify and address problems early, enhance the nature and effectiveness of mental health interventions, and reduce stigma.
- Schools can positively impact educational outcomes by ensuring that all students are mentally and physically healthy.
- Enhance the important collaborative partnerships between schools, home, and community to serve the educational and emotional needs of students.
- Communicate a commitment to family involvement through supportive mission and policy statements.
- Provide opportunities for students and families to express concerns and share solutions, and to encourage trusting relationships with students, families, and support agencies.