16 May. 2018
The Keewatin-Patricia District School Board will address incidents of bullying in a timely and appropriate manner. Interventions and supports include, but are not limited to:
- A focus on Character Development, with an emphasis on building positive interpersonal relationships and respect for others, utilizing Restorative Practices;
- Ongoing professional development for staff in the areas of Character Development, bullying prevention and appropriate interventions and supports;
- Procedures that allow students to report bullying incidents safely and in a way that will minimize the possibility of reprisal;
- Ongoing support for offenders and victims of bullying as well as those who have been affected by observing bullying;
- A progressive approach to student discipline, ranging from early intervention to intensive interventions in cases of persistent bullying.
For specific policies and procedures related to Bullying, please refer to KPDSB Policy 328: Bullying Prevention and Intervention.
For more information on the Reporting and Responding Requirements of school staff, please see the Ontario Ministry of Education website.
For information on the use of Restorative Practices in preventing bullying in schools, please click here.